The Manatee County Sheriff's Office is presenting a Teen Driver
Challenge Class on Thursday, October 8th and Saturday, October 10th. 2015 (Class Filled).
The Sheriff's Office also has the following dates for future challenges if you cannot make the upcoming challenge in August;
- Thursday, December 17th and Saturday, December 19th 2015.
- January 16th 2016 0800-1800 / 8:00AM-6:00PM
- March 12th 2016 0800-1800 / 8:00AM-6:00PM
- May 14th 2016 0800-1800 / 8:00AM-6:00PM
- July 16th 2016 0800-1800 / 8:00AM-6:00PM
- September 17th 2016 0800-1800 / 8:00AM-6:00PM
- November 12th 2016 0800-1800 / 8:00AM-6:00PM
The students will be required to use their own vehicle during the training.
|Thursday 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
||Classroom @ Manatee County Sheriff's Office Operations Center
|Saturday 8 am - 5 pm
||Driving Pad (To be determined)
||Training Center number 941-747-3011 ext. 2732 or 2707
The Teen Driver Challenge consists of two training days totaling eleven hours. The
first day includes a three hour block of instruction in the classroom, while the second
day is an eight hour block on the driving pad. Participants must attend
both classroom and driving pad instruction to successfully complete the course.
The classroom block will cover topics related to:
- About the Driver
- Using your senses
- Knowing your vehicle
- Seatbelt use and occupant restraints
- Fatigued and impaired driving
- Distracted Driving
- Aggressive Driving
- Vehicle operation
- Do’s and Don’ts of being stopped
The driving pad block of instruction will consist of the following exercises:
- Evasive Lane Change
- Figure 8
- Forward Serpentine
- Off Road Recovery
- Reverse Serpentine
The class will be instructed by MCSO Driving Instructors.
There is no cost to participate in the class.
However you must be a Manatee County resident
How to enroll:
- Click on the link FSA Teen Driver Challenge Forms
- Completely fill out and notarize all forms.
- Attach a copy of participants driver's license or learner's permit
- Attach a copy of valid insurance and vehicle registration
- Attach a copy of owner of vehicle driver's license
- MAIL TO:
Manatee County Sheriff's Office
Attn: Deputy Chuck Wise
14490 B Harlee Road
Palmetto, FL 34221
For more information, please contact Deputy Chuck Wise @ 747-3011 ext. 2732 or 2707
To open the form you will need to have Adobe reader installed on your computer.
This is free software and can be obtained by following this link;
You will receive an email confirmation reserving your seat in the class once required
documents are approved.
Recent Class Photo